I have a passion for problem solving, building things and making businesses succeed. I’m madly curious by heart, so I’m very hungry for knowledge and you will always find my trying and testing out new things to stay ahead of the game.
I have about 12 years of experience in the IT/Engineering Industry that ranges from Linux Systems Administration, DevOps, BigData and Systems Development Engineering, mostly in the FinTech idustry.
Stuff I Work On
I primarily work with the following:
- AWS Cloud:
- Compute: EC2, Lambda, AutoScaling
- Databases: RDS, DynamoDB
- Storage: S3, Glacier, EFS
- Networking: API Gateway, VPC, Route53
- CICD: CodePipeline, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy
- Analytics: EMR, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, DataPipeline
- Security: IAM, Secrets Manager, ACM
- App Integration: SNS, SQS
- Containers: ECS, EKS, ECR
- Building and Maintaining Full Nodes (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Polkadot, DigiByte, etc)
- Deployment, System Development, Administering
- Lambda Functions
- Flask for Basic Web Based Applications
- Basic to Intermediate Python Apps (not a developer, but know my way around)
- CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, DroneIO, Concourse, Bash
- Use docker for almost every container runtime environment
- Docker Swarm, Kubernetes and ECS for Orchestrators
- Solutions Architecture
- Open Source
- Knowledge Sharing
- Monitoring and Metrics
- Systems Adminstration
- Making Customers happy is a big thing for me
You will find me on twitter, sharing most of my blogposts that I write about tech topics on blog.ruanbekker.com, sysadmins.co.za and for raspberry pi based projects on blog.pistack.co.za and I share most of my code on my githhub repository.
Thanks for reading!